While there are many industrial and commercial flooring options available, epoxy floor coating is one of the most commonly used for many reasons. Epoxy floor coatings, also known as resinous floor coatings, are highly adjustable, decorative, durable, and sustainable.
Using this type of flooring solution, your floors will benefit from protection against damage from foot traffic, heavy equipment, corrosive chemicals, and other potential hazards.
How Epoxy Flooring Works
Epoxy flooring systems consist of one or multiple liquid polymer resins that form a slab of concrete. This polymer binds with other components such as aggregates, powders, or other types of materials used to alter the appearance of the flooring. However, epoxy resins aren’t mixed until application occurs. The various materials mixed together can change the appearance of the floor to be decorative or create designated areas or walkways.
What sets resinous flooring apart from other types of flooring options is its unrivaled performance, durability, and overall strength. These qualities make this flooring solution ideal for a wide variety of industrial and commercial facilities. It’s also often mixed with other materials for added durability and strength, including urethane mortars which are resistant to chemical and water damage.
Through the installation of epoxy flooring, your facility will be safer and more efficient, with long-lasting floors that can withstand nearly any type of damage.
Applications for Epoxy Floor Coating
Epoxy flooring is used for many different types of businesses across a wide range of industries, including:
- Commercial and Retail – Epoxy flooring is used for many of these types of businesses, including grocery stores, movie theaters, delis, shopping centers, museums, boutiques, office buildings, and many others.
- Medical and Healthcare – Facilities such as hospitals, clinics, surgical rooms, patient rooms, labs, pharmacies, dental offices, and emergency rooms.
- Food and Beverage Production – Epoxy is often installed in commercial bakeries, dairy packaging and processing, bottling plants, breweries, wineries, and frozen food and snack manufacturers.
- Transportation and Aviation – Buses, concourses, airport and train terminals, car dealerships and auto repair shops, hangars, parking garages, and fleet maintenance areas all utilize epoxy.
- Correctional Facilities – You’ll find epoxy in common areas, prison dining halls, prison cells, and gang showers.
- Education – Auditoriums, classrooms, daycare centers, cafeterias, libraries, stadiums, arenas, and shop rooms frequently have epoxy installed.
- Restaurants and Hospitality – Epoxy is installed in many restaurants, bars, commercial kitchens, casinos, freezers and walk-in coolers, spas, hotels, resorts, and theaters.
These are simply some of the many facilities that use epoxy in their flooring.
Get Epoxy Floor Coating Installed by Michigan Specialty Coating
Like other types of flooring installations, it’s best to have professionals design and install epoxy floor coatings in your facility. Michigan Specialty Coatings offers epoxy flooring installation in Michigan, along with other types of flooring solutions to meet your facility’s needs. To get started on an installation today, request a free site survey and our experts will determine which of our flooring solutions is right for your application.