Core Purpose : To Improve the appearance, safety, and sanitation of facilities while limiting the impact.
From 500 square feet to 1 million square feet we have the manpower and equipment to handle any scale project. For the past 19 years, Michigan Specialty Coatings, Inc. (d/b/a MSC Floors) have been committed to offering their clients the best products and services that will bring function and design to their floors while delivered on time and on budget. We offer turnkey industrial solutions as well: MSC Electrical, our sister Electrical company and industrial painting division allows us to provide complete solutions from the floor to the ceilings.
- 10 crews and over 50 installers ready to dispatch from Eastern and Western Michigan locations. Servicing Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois
- All crews and personnel are uniformed with personal protection equipment and arrive in MSC marked vehicles
- Floor Technicians are trained to OSHA safety standards, drug-tested, and background checked.
- Expert project managers provide proper planning for seamless execution of projects
- Safety is our top priority! EMR is an impressive .67 and EVERY employee of MSC Floors is certified in first-aid and CPR.
- Featured in Nationally-Circulated Coatings Pro Magazine several times offering tech tricks to the industry
- Received national recognition as Protective Industrial Polymers “Contractor of the Year” in 2017, 2018, 2021, and 2022! As well as Tennant Coatings "Contractor of the Year" in 2015.
- Featured articles Coatings Pro Magazine several times. Awarded 2 awards at the 2017 Coatings Pro Contractor Awards in New Orleans as well as an Award recipient at the 2018 Coatings Pro Contractor Awards in Phoenix
- Long standing member of Avetta and ISNETworld - as a prequalified contractor. Lots of stellar Google reviews from customers!
Masters of the Midwest
Michigan Specialty Coatings is based just north of Detroit in St. Clair, Michigan and a second location in Galesburg, Michigan. Our core operations are focused in the Midwest where we have a strong presence throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. While we are positioned in the Midwest, MSC Floors is equipped and has the capacity to operate nationwide. As we continue to grow and service the southern states, our presence nationwide will increase.
The company has experienced rapid growth because we are dedicated to providing our clients with individually engineered solutions. Our team of expert project managers are here to help. Be sure to check out MSC's six-step planning-and-executing process which will guide you through what it's like to choose us as your preferred flooring team.
Solutions Guaranteed To Perform
MSC Floors was founded and is continued to be led by Jonathan and Kevin. Using preparation and installation processes which exceed industry standards to ensure we provide our clients with the best coating solutions. Time has tested our processes and allow us to guarantee our floor systems, keeping facilities safe and sanitary. Our equipment is maintained by our mechanics and our employed installers are prepared with all the necessary skills, tools, and uniforms to bring professionalism and performance into the coating industry.
A Team of Coating Industry Experts
MSC's leaders, project managers, and employed installers understand preparation is vital to the success of a floor system. In our offices, we like to refer to ourselves as a 'prep' company who does great installs. It serves to remind us that without a solid foundation, any system could fail. Here at Michigan Specialty Coatings, we take safety very seriously, having every crew member regularly trained in OSHA-10 (a comprehensive 10 and 30-hour safety program). In addition to having a staffed safety coordinator and our own certified hazmat technician we also have a certified electrician, and DOT compliance officer on staff. This By matching the world's best polymer products with our proven preparation and installation processes, we guarantee your floor and coating system will perform for the life of the system.
If you would like to learn more about Michigan Specialty Coatings and how we can protect your investment or need to make sure your contractor is performing the right processes, contact us now.
Memberships and Affiliations
Great Lakes Safety Training Center, Dun & Bradstreet, Avetta (Connecting the World's Largest Companies to The Safest, Most Qualified Contractors), ISNetworld (global leader in contractor and supplier management), CAM (Construction Association of Michigan), Michigan Brewer's Guild, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration